Saturday, April 23, 2016

Royal Street 1st Paragraph, Page 34, and Page 56 Excerpts

First Chapter First Paragraph

A secluded Louisiana bayou. A sexy pirate. Seduction and deceit. My Friday afternoon had the makings of a great romantic adventure, at least in theory.   - When DJ says at least in theory....sorry folks that's as far as it goes so far....hoping for at least some romance before the book ends since it was alluded to at the beginning. 

Page 34

A red-faced man in a white polo shirt that failed to camouflage the evidence of a few too many Budweisers ranted to nobody in particular. “I heard there’s over a million people running from this dadburned storm.”
He had to be from Mississippi. Nobody from Southeast Louisiana says “dadburned.”
 - These two lines made me feel right at home. It's been awhile but I used to hear older folks like my grandparents use "dadburned" when I was younger. A moment of nostalgia and made me smile when I read it. 

Page 56


I felt like Alice, but I’d slid down the rabbit hole past Wonderland and straight into hell. - Being a fantasy book and references to the Beyond, an undead realm, I liked the reference to Alice in Wonderland and the rabbit hole - very fitting. 

I will post additional excerpts once I finish the book. I originally planned on doing these elements separate - which I may if I'm reading an ebook and going based off of percentages. However, 56 pages is easy enough to get through in one day; therefore, when I'm reading a physical book I will probably try to keep these elements together in one post. I like having more than one or two sentences when I post. Leave your comments below what you prefer and any additional current read features you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment