Saturday, April 23, 2016

Readathon - Royal Street by Suzanne Johnson - REVIEW

Royal Street (Sentinels of New Orleans, #1)




Title: Royal Street
Author: Suzanne Johnson
Publisher: Tor Books
Genre: Fantasy
Stars: 5/5
Acquired: Picked up at the library!

This was an interesting read. The fantasy characters are mainstreamed into modern day New Orleans. Drusilla Jaco, DJ, tells the story of how fantasy and undead characters wanted to use the tragedy of Hurricane Katrina to open up passage between their world and ours. She spent the majority of the book playing detective looking for clues on her missing "uncle," the man who raised her, Gerry.
I loved the last part of the book. I was on the edge of my seat fighting with DJ. Worried, I may need an emergency trip to a library or Amazon to get the second book. With less than 50 pages I was expecting a huge cliffhanger. Thankfully, it wasn't a cliffhanger. I wish there had been more action through the middle and beginning of the book. The characters are definitely well developed to the point you almost become an empath yourself rooting for all of the characters. I definitely want to read more of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment